can't access tty

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: can't access tty
From: balaji.ramalingam@philips.com
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 12:36:54 -0800
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hello,

I had been trying to get the linux kernel 2.4.3 on our
latest mips core which is mips32 ISA complient.

Finally I was able to boot the kernel. Also /bin/sh executes
but gives the following message and a prompt. Everything
freezes thereafter.

sh: can't access tty; Job control turned off
#

I dont know if its a problem with the serial driver or the keyboard
driver. I'm using the ttyS0 as the console and I think its working
fine. I dont know how to check that the keyboard is working fine.

Any tips ??

Thanks in advance.

regards,
Balaji