Re: an old FPU context corruption problem when signal happens

To: Carsten Langgaard <carstenl@mips.com>
Subject: Re: an old FPU context corruption problem when signal happens
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 04:41:25 -0200
Cc: Jun Sun <jsun@mvista.com>, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 08:58:51AM +0100, Carsten Langgaard wrote:

> Are you sure this hasn't been fix in the latest sources (2.4.16) ?
> I have send a patch to Ralf, which I believe solves a similar problem as
> you describe below.
>
> Ralf have you applied the patch ?

Well, I applied it but it's really broken as something can be.  Just an
example:

+        * FPU emulator may have it's own trampoline active just
+        * above the user stack, 16-bytes before the next lowest
+        * 16 byte boundary.  Try to avoid trashing it.
+       sp -= 32;

So the whole thing needs some overhaul.