Re: [ Re: [Linux-mips-kernel]ioremap & ISA]

Subject: Re: [ Re: [Linux-mips-kernel]ioremap & ISA]
From: Jun Sun <>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 11:09:10 -0800
Cc: Ralf Baechle <>,
> From the manual: "The VG-469 has built in a standard ISA interface ..."
> My machine, as much as I hate it, _does_ have an ISA bus located at
> isa_slot_offset.

Hmm, how does the driver access ISA memory area?  I did not find ioremap() nor
readb/writeb stuff.  Usually those two macros are used to access PCI memory
space.  That is the reason I said "the driver implies a PCI device".

If it is purely ISA driver, may it should use isa_read/isa_write macros, in
which case we can make use of isa_slot_offset (maybe isa_slot_offset is useful
after all. :-0)