Re: [ppopov@mvista.com: Re: [Linux-mips-kernel]ioremap & ISA]

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: [ppopov@mvista.com: Re: [Linux-mips-kernel]ioremap & ISA]
From: Jim Paris <jim@jtan.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 00:45:00 -0500
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
> Is your PCMCIA bridge really behind an ISA bus?
>
> What is an address less than 16mb in your case?  Most MIPS systems have
> memory at that physical address so maybe you're not talking about
> physical addresses?

My PCMCIA controller is a VG-469, handled by i82365.c.  Its memory
space is at physical address 0x10000000-0x10FFFFFF.  By "address less
than 16mb" I meant from i82365.c's point of view; it's passing that to
ioremap and needs read[bwl] and write[bwl] to work on the result.
When ioremap adds 0x10000000, things are (mostly) happy, but is that
the wrong way to do it?

> > of the correct values.  I'm guessing this is something miscompiling --
> > I'm using the latest binutils plus gcc-3.0.2 -- has anyone see these
>
> Try something older instead.

That fixed those problems.

-jim