Re: DELO problems

To: Karsten Merker <karsten@excalibur.cologne.de>
Subject: Re: DELO problems
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 23:58:24 +0100
Cc: debian-mips@lists.debian.org, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 11:01:50PM +0100, Karsten Merker wrote:
> Hallo everyone,
>
> I cannot get delo to boot any recently built kernel - delo loads
> /etc/delo.conf, finds the correct kernel image and loads it,
> printing "Loading /boot/vmlinux ....... ok", but when the kernel
> itself should be startet (and print "This DECstation is a ...."),
> I get the firmware prompt again.

Have a look at the elf file with readelf - It shows a section which has
a len > 0 and the load address is "0" - When copieng the sections i
overwrite important stuff - This is actually a binutils fault not a
delos one. Although i have been told that i can heavily optimize the
stuff by not dealing with the sections rather than segments. I will
change that.

Flo
Nine nineth on september the 9th              Welcome to the new billenium