patches for SGI O2

Subject: patches for SGI O2
From: Vivien Chappelier <>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 23:52:58 +0100 (CET)

        I've a few patches for running Linux on the SGI O2:

The first one (O2-asid) concerns the TLB initialization the IP32. The
asid_cache is not initialized, which leads to MMU context = 0 being
considered valid! Thus when switching task, in switch_mm, a new context is
not created. With the patch I can boot a debian experimental system (from

The second one adds support for the 16550A UARTs of the O2, so that ARC
console is not needed anymore.

Finaly, with my configuration (SGI O2 R5000 @ 180Mhz) I've to change
PAGE_OFFSET in page.h to the one used for IP22 rather than the one used
for IP32.. here is a third patch (O2-page) to change this, but I'm not
sure about other configurations (R10000?)