patches for SGI O2

To: ralf@oss.sgi.com
Subject: patches for SGI O2
From: Vivien Chappelier <vivien.chappelier@enst-bretagne.fr>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 23:52:58 +0100 (CET)
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hi,

        I've a few patches for running Linux on the SGI O2:

The first one (O2-asid) concerns the TLB initialization the IP32. The
asid_cache is not initialized, which leads to MMU context = 0 being
considered valid! Thus when switching task, in switch_mm, a new context is
not created. With the patch I can boot a debian experimental system (from
ftp://bolugftp.uni-bonn.de/pub/mips-linux/rootfs/experimental)

The second one adds support for the 16550A UARTs of the O2, so that ARC
console is not needed anymore.

Finaly, with my configuration (SGI O2 R5000 @ 180Mhz) I've to change
PAGE_OFFSET in page.h to the one used for IP22 rather than the one used
for IP32.. here is a third patch (O2-page) to change this, but I'm not
sure about other configurations (R10000?)

regards,
Vivien.