DELO problems

To: debian-mips@lists.debian.org, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: DELO problems
From: Karsten Merker <karsten@excalibur.cologne.de>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 23:01:50 +0100
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hallo everyone,

I cannot get delo to boot any recently built kernel - delo loads
/etc/delo.conf, finds the correct kernel image and loads it,
printing "Loading /boot/vmlinux ....... ok", but when the kernel
itself should be startet (and print "This DECstation is a ...."),
I get the firmware prompt again.

Booting older kernel images works without problems, also booting a current
ECOFF-kernel by tftp shows no problems. Installed is delo-0.7-7 (Debian
package). Can anybody confirm this behaviour?

I have tried building the kernels on different machines, but this does
not make a difference.

Greetings,
Karsten
--