Booting from IDE

To: "linux-mips@oss.sgi.com" <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Booting from IDE
From: Nitin <nitin.borle@broadcom.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 20:28:48 +0530
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hi,
I have a very basic query. I have a MIPS Malta board. I attached a IDE
hard disk to it and installed linux as per the instructions. At the end
of the installation, system rebooted and control gone to the board
monitor program(Yamon). How can I get the linux prompt? Do I need to
write an application program which will read boot sector from hard disk,

store it in memory and pass on control to that particular location?(If
yes, is such application already available?) Or is there a other way of
doing it.

Thanks,
Nitin