Re: 2.4.16 success on Indy (was Re: 2.4.16 success on Decstation 5000/15

To: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Subject: Re: 2.4.16 success on Indy (was Re: 2.4.16 success on Decstation 5000/150)
From: Ladislav Michl <ladislav.michl@hlubocky.del.cz>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 10:18:45 +0100 (CET)
Cc: Ian Chilton <ian@ichilton.co.uk>, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Florian Lohoff wrote:

> CONFIG_RTC is set by "Enhanced Real Time Clock Support" - It seems
> there is something broken in the config system then ...
>
> tristate 'Enhanced Real Time Clock Support' CONFIG_RTC
> if [ "$CONFIG_IA64" = "y" ]; then
>    bool 'EFI Real Time Clock Services' CONFIG_EFI_RTC
> fi
> if [ "$CONFIG_OBSOLETE" = "y" -a "$CONFIG_ALPHA_BOOK1" = "y" ]; then
>    bool 'Tadpole ANA H8 Support'  CONFIG_H8
> fi

look to the drivers/sgi/Config.in instead

comment 'SGI devices'
bool 'SGI Zilog85C30 serial support' CONFIG_SGI_SERIAL
if [ "$CONFIG_SGI_SERIAL" = "y" ]; then
   bool '  Support for console on serial port' CONFIG_SERIAL_CONSOLE
fi
bool 'SGI DS1286  RTC support' CONFIG_SGI_DS1286

i know... we have special driver for SGI, special driver for some ARM
based boards, for some ...(a lot of clocks to list :-)). but, that's
living ;-) search linux-mips archives, there was long debate about this
month ago. personaly i don't like way how it works now, but i haven't time
nor knowledges to change it without breaking anything, so i'm happy that
it works somehow.

        laďa