Re: Decstation /150 kernel (cvs) problems

To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Subject: Re: Decstation /150 kernel (cvs) problems
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 13:54:49 +0100
Cc: "Houten K.H.C. van (Karel)" <vhouten@kpn.com>, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com, karel@sparta.research.kpn.com, algernon@debian.org
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 01:07:09PM +0100, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Florian Lohoff wrote:
>
> > Ok - this fixes the problem by not only ignoring "length 0" sections but
> > also sections with address 0
>
>  Huh?  You should be dealing with segments and not sections (as you are

I waded through the sections list copieng all sections which are of
type PROGBITS which is basically the same. Also i cleared all NOBITS
sections. The problem was a progbits section with length > 0 and addr
= 0 which is IMHO bogus.

>  If in doubt, just see how I'm loading ELF images in mopd.  Or ask me a
> question.

I'll look into that one...

Flo
Nine nineth on september the 9th              Welcome to the new billenium