Cross Compiler again

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: Cross Compiler again
From: Andre.Messerschmidt@infineon.com
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 10:08:44 +0100
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hi.

For my environment I need a compiler that supports dwarf debug information.
Sadly my precompiled version does not have this support so I tried it on my
own, using Bradley D. LaRonde's  HowTo.
All went well but I had to learn that GCC 3.0.1 is not able to compile a
current kernel. So I tried version 2.95.3, but I ran into the same problem
that I had last time I tried such a thing. When compiling glibc the process
failed because of a missing -D__PIC__ option. I was told that this has to do
with a non-MIPS compiler that is used, but the compiler used is my previous
build static version of gcc.
I don't know what else may be wrong or where to look. Can anybody enlighten
me?

Or has anybody a precompiled gcc with dwarf support for download (That is
able to compile a current kernel, of course. ;-) )?

Best regards
--
Andre Messerschmidt

Application Engineer