Re: CVS Update@oss.sgi.com: linux

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: Re: CVS Update@oss.sgi.com: linux
From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 09:56:11 +0100
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Thu, 2001-11-22 10:25:11 +1100, Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>
wrote in message <20011122102511.B24183@dea.linux-mips.net>:
> On Sun, Nov 18, 2001 at 11:10:52AM +0100, Kevin D. Kissell wrote:
>
> > > Did I miss something?
> >
> > Like the possibility that there are more MIPS-based
> > Laserjets than MIPS-based workstations in the world?
> >
> > Interesting platform, though.  Consider the possibilities
> > of a hardcopy-only X display...  ;-)
>
> Don't forget the possibilities of recycling your laserjet with network card
> and serial interface as a dialup router and firewall with a manipulation-
> proof logging device ;-)

Well, here is a LP LJ 4+ (7 jears old...) flyin' around, and it
doesn't seem to contain a MIPS CPU. Only a i960 and a custom HP
processor is inside...

Well, which models actually *are* fine to run Linux on them, and
last question - do they keep printing while running linux? I don't
think so...

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw   .   jbglaw@lug-owl.de   .   +49-172-7608481