Re: FP exception statistics

Subject: Re: FP exception statistics
From: Atsushi Nemoto <>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 20:29:06 +0900 (JST)
ralf> It get's atomicity wrong.  I suggest to make such statistics a
ralf> per thread thing.  That'll not only solve the SMP issues but
ralf> also make sure processes running in parallel won't influence the
ralf> result.

Thank you for the comment.

Yes, my patch provides "CPU" statistics (not "thread" statistics).
Counting per thread might be useful in some case, but counting
globally (like "unaligned_instructions" or "ll_ops" counter) is enough
for me.

Atsushi Nemoto