Re: Linux on RM600

To: Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de>
Subject: Re: Linux on RM600
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 14:54:43 -0800
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 11:35:56PM +0100, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:

> I know:-) But what about the RM600. I've found some announcement
> for some SAP monitoring system running on "RM600/LINUX" (can be
> found at http://www.save.de/bereiche/ak_s/sap/sap1000/agenda.html).

I dont think they mean THE RM600 or they mean RM600/Reliant
and/or Linux/i386

> I found arbitrary texts talking about RM600 and Reliant Unix, but
> that's not what I want. (Or do I want to have the 2nd exotic O/S
> running?)

The RM600 is big endian only AFAIK and was running Sinix/Reliant
only. The RM200 port which existed and which might be completely
outdated and non-functional now is for little endian which
the RM200 were delivered with for running Windows-NT.

Thus - Its a completely new port ...

Flo
Nine nineth on september the 9th              Welcome to the new billenium