Re: Which usrland packages should be built for swapon, hostname,and grep

To: Steven Liu <stevenliu@psdc.com>
Subject: Re: Which usrland packages should be built for swapon, hostname,and grep?
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 13:13:34 -0800
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 12:16:11PM -0800, Steven Liu wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> I am porting linux to mips r3000 now and need to build the following
> files for the target board:
>     /sbin/swapon,
>    /bin/hostname,
>    /bin/mount,
>    /bin/grep.
> Which usrland packages should I use for the above files?

A whole userland has been built with debian - You can get it on
the next debian mirror beeing found on www.debian.org.

One problem though might be that you need to fix "sysmips(MIPS_ATOMIC_SET)"
in the kernel to actually run the binarys (glibc 2.2).

Flo
Nine nineth on september the 9th              Welcome to the new billenium