Re: Which usrland packages should be built for swapon, hostname,and grep

To: Steven Liu <stevenliu@psdc.com>
Subject: Re: Which usrland packages should be built for swapon, hostname,and grep?
From: Justin Carlson <justincarlson@cmu.edu>
Date: 09 Nov 2001 15:41:49 -0500
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Fri, 2001-11-09 at 15:16, Steven Liu wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> I am porting linux to mips r3000 now and need to build the following
> files for the target board:

>    /bin/hostname,

In net-tools, here:

http://www.tazenda.demon.co.uk/phil/net-tools/

>    /bin/mount,
>     /sbin/swapon,

These are in util-linux, which can be found here:

ftp://ftp.win.tue.nl/pub/linux-local/utils/util-linux

>    /bin/grep.

This is a GNU utility, which can be found at any of the mirrors.  A good
one for the U.S. west coast is here:

ftp://gatekeeper.research.compaq.com/pub/GNU/grep

> Which usrland packages should I use for the above files?

In general, rpm -qf <program> on an rpm-based distro will often give you
a good idea as to what are the names of the source packages you want.
There's probably something similar for debian, but my debian-fu is weak.

-Justin