kernel bug in linux2.4.3

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: kernel bug in linux2.4.3
From: balaji.ramalingam@philips.com
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 17:12:08 -0800
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hello,

I took the linux kernel 2.4.3 from
ftp://ftp.mips.com/pub/linux/mips/kernel/2.4/src/.
This kernel was ported for MIPS32 ISA and its supposed to work with all the
mips 4kc core. I took the kernel and ported for our Philips processor PR3950,
which is based on a mips 4kc core.

I have some issues in the reserve_bootmem() & the paging_init() in the
arch/mips/kernel/setup.c. Itseems that they fail in the alloc_bootmem ().
I commented these functions and got till console_init() to get the print
messages
on my screen. I got the message as Kernel Bug in bootmem.c

Itseems that the functions BUG() has been executed.
So is this a kernel bug? I mean is there some problem in the kernel which has
been
ported or is it something related to improper memory initialization?.

regards,
Balaji