DECStation framebuffer support

To: "linux-mips@oss.sgi.com" <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: DECStation framebuffer support
From: Guo-Rong Koh <grk@start.com.au>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 10:17:00 +1030
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hi all,

I have just decided to try getting Linux running on my DECStation
5000/25 (currently running NetBSD). I succeeded in cross-compiling a
2.4.12 kernel from an i686 Linux box. My main aim is to get the
framebuffer working.

To test the kernel I dumped it on the NetBSD root and hit "boot
3/rz0/vmlinux".

This gets me to "This is a Personal DECStation 5000/xx" then stops.

Any suggestions as to what I should do next?
Framebuffer support for all the framebuffers has been compiled in. The
question is: To what extent does the kernel support console on
framebuffer?

Thanks,
Guo-Rong