Re: [LV] FYI: Mopd ELF support

To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>
Subject: Re: [LV] FYI: Mopd ELF support
From: Dave Airlie <>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 21:46:19 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: <>, <>, <>
Okay it didn't go so well.. my VAX couldn't boot the file I normally use
with this mopd (I had to rebuild it for a static libelf)...

I've put a tgz up at

it contains the file I was trying to boot and the tcpdumps of this mopd
and the one I normally use ...

if you need any more info give me a shout ..

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:

> Hi,
>  I've made a preliminary version of mopd with ELF support available.  It's
> Mats O. Jansson's mopd 2.5.3 with several fixes, updates and enhancements.
> The work is definitely not finished, but basic functionality is already
> implemented.  I'm making it available due to the amount of PITA
> maintenance of traditional mopd image formats incurs, in hope someone will
> find it useful.  Libelf is required for this version of mopd.  It should
> build and run on any Linux system, regardless of endianness.  It might
> work on other systems as well.
>  I've made RPM packages available at the usual place (i.e.
> '').  Beside source packages there are
> i386 and mipsel binary ones available.  Grab the latest version; olders
> are for a reference only.  To aid people with no RPM support in their
> systems I've unpacked the source package into the "mopd" directory.  Still
> you need to study the .spec file to figure how to build binaries.
>  Any feedback will be appreciated; I'm especially interested in reports
> from VAX users, as I've only been able to verify the operation booting
> Linux on a DECstation 5000 (i.e. MIPS) system.  Note: this version of mopd
> does not require switching devices into the PROMISC or ALLMULTI modes of
> operation.
>   Maciej

David Airlie, Software Engineer /
pam_smb / Linux DecStation / Linux VAX / ILUG person