Re: Backspace on Virtual Console causes oops

To: "Gleb O. Raiko" <raiko@niisi.msk.ru>
Subject: Re: Backspace on Virtual Console causes oops
From: Wayne Gowcher <wgowcher@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 11:37:51 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Gleb,

> Guess 1: You've got PC UARTs and
> drivers/char/serial.c
> Guess 2: TAB TAB in bash causes the oops too.
> Guess 3: You didn't change famous beep function in
> the driver.

Correct on all 3 counts. Thanks for pointing the way.

Also thanks to Pete Popov and James Simmons. In
particular to James for telling me to look at vt.c,
functions kd_nosound and _kd_mksound. I changed the
ifdef to be aware of my board and now the problem is
solved.

To All,

I am grateful that my problem was solved quickly. But
before I posted to the list I did a search on
"Backspace oops linux", "Backspace crash linux" and a
few other combinations to see if this was possibly a
known problem. But turned nothing up.
Is there any other list / repository I should be
looking at to pick up on bugs like this ?

Any tips / info would be greatly appreciated.

Wayne