Re: Origin 200

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: Origin 200
From: Lukas Hejtmanek <xhejtman@mail.muni.cz>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 16:31:17 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 12:14:50PM +0200, Ralf Baechle wrote:
> Btw, Origin UP kernel is definately broken ...

I think I've tracked down what makes freeze. If I use default config but
network card driver and scsi driver (seems to be generic PCI device) kernel
boots up to message I have no root (any time and not freezes I've changed little
bit sources to print '... waiting ...' every 2 seconds in infinite loop before
it does panic -- no root).

So I think there is some deadlock after some PCI device driver init that does
not occur in SMP mode.

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek