Re: Origin 200

To: Lukas Hejtmanek <>
Subject: Re: Origin 200
From: Ralf Baechle <>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 12:14:50 +0200
On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 10:33:33AM +0200, Lukas Hejtmanek wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 08:23:00PM -0400, wrote:
> > Getting it running 64bit shouldn't be *too* bad, however there are some
> > revs of some chips on the MB which linux currently can't deal with, and
> > noone is quite sure 1. what revs, 2. why, or 3. anything
> > usefull. <Grin>.  Could you send a hinv -v from the prom?  Boot logs would
> > also be usefull (so I can tell if we are haveing the exact same problem,
> > or just similar ones)
> >> hinv -v
> IP27 Node Board, Module 1, Slot MotherBoard
>     ASIC HUB Rev 3, 90 MHz, (nasid 0)

Pretty much a standard Origin.  I suspect the problem might be related to
machines which only have a single physical CPU, that was the only common
thing between all the Origins on which Linux fails.  And indeed I don't
think we ever used such a small configuration for testing at SGI ...

Nick, did you observe any interesting differences to your failing Origin

Btw, Origin UP kernel is definately broken ...