Re: The Linux binutils 2.11.92.0.7 is released.

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: The Linux binutils 2.11.92.0.7 is released.
From: Klaus Naumann <spock@mgnet.de>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 08:43:35 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: "H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org>, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com, binutils@sourceware.cygnus.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Ralf Baechle wrote:

> > > -fpic is default on Linux/MIPS and as such adding that option won't have
> > > any
> > > effect.
> >
> > I also tried -fPIC . -Wa,-xgot is also the default. -G X doesn't
> > change anything ...
>
> -G is not supported with PIC and unless somebody really had his crack
> bucketwise or otherwise hates performance -Wa,-xgot isn't default.  ATM

No,

I meant it's default in the mozilla Makefile. Not really default
in binutils.

So to ask again, there is no other solution than -xgot ?
And if that's the only solution, what are the issues ? Only
bigger code ?

        Thx, Klaus

--
Full Name   : Klaus Naumann     | (http://www.mgnet.de/) (Germany)
Nickname    : Spock             | Org.: Mad Guys Network