Re: IDE DMA mode in Big endian for mips

To: geert@linux-m68k.org
Subject: Re: IDE DMA mode in Big endian for mips
From: Atsushi Nemoto <nemoto@toshiba-tops.co.jp>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 18:54:07 +0900 (JST)
Cc: raiko@niisi.msk.ru, hli@quicklogic.com, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
geert> The functions above should take care of endian conversion.

This is what I wanted to know.  Thank you.

hli> Thanks Atsushi San, the patch did help. The partition check can
hli> pass now.

Sorry, my patch is not correct.  You can configure your PCI controller
to swap dword (if your hw have this function), or you can use
CONFIG_SWAP_IO_SPACE.

If your hardware have not this function AND you want to swap entire
I/O access (for example, do swap for PCI, not for other area), you may
have to create your own version of outl/outw etc.  (This is my
case...)

---
Atsushi Nemoto