Re: IDE DMA mode in Big endian for mips

Subject: Re: IDE DMA mode in Big endian for mips
From: Atsushi Nemoto <>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 18:54:07 +0900 (JST)
geert> The functions above should take care of endian conversion.

This is what I wanted to know.  Thank you.

hli> Thanks Atsushi San, the patch did help. The partition check can
hli> pass now.

Sorry, my patch is not correct.  You can configure your PCI controller
to swap dword (if your hw have this function), or you can use

If your hardware have not this function AND you want to swap entire
I/O access (for example, do swap for PCI, not for other area), you may
have to create your own version of outl/outw etc.  (This is my

Atsushi Nemoto