Re: [Linux-mips-kernel]PATCH

To: Pete Popov <ppopov@mvista.com>
Subject: Re: [Linux-mips-kernel]PATCH
From: Geoffrey Espin <espin@idiom.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:50:59 -0700
Cc: linux-mips-kernel@lists.sourceforge.net, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Pete,

> I've attached a patch which adds zImage support for the Alchemy pb1000 board.
> The image is burned in flash and yamon can be used to just jump to that
> location
> Feedback would be appreciated, including whether or not arch/mips/zboot is
> the
> most appropriate place to put the zImage support.

It ain't a pretty patch.  I do want to do this for the Korva-Markham
board... either arch/arm/boot/compressed or arch/ppc/boot scheme
would be nice to follow.  I think arch/ppc/boot/mbx/Makefile does
some of the magic offset stuff you need with quick `sh ` scripts
and also includes piggyback initrd stuff!

Geoff