Re: Password recovery on IRIX box

To: soeren.laursen@scrooge.dk
Subject: Re: Password recovery on IRIX box
From: Kumsup Lee <klee@ima.umn.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 09:57:06 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
You still need a root password to get in single user mode.  Best way to go
around is this.

        * Mount your root Hard Disk to other SGI or XFS capable linux machine.

> As I remember you have to boot it in single mode.
>
> Soeren
>

> > I have an origin 200 I have been wanting to run linux on, its been sitting
> > up for a while. Before I wipe out and install linux, I need to get in
> > there to get some stuff of the drives.  But I do not know the root
> > password.  Can anyone direct me to password recovery procedures for IRIX?
> >
> > Brian

> > Brian Feeny, CCIE #8036        e: signal@shreve.net
> > Network Engineer       p: 318.222.2638x109
> > ShreveNet Inc.                 f: 318.221.6612

 Kumsup Lee (À̱ݼ·)                             System/Network Manager
 Institute for Mathematics and its Applications, University of Minnesota
 400 Lind Hall,   207 Church Street S.E.,   Minneapolis, MN 55455   USA
 Tel : 612-624-4353     FAX : 612-626-7370      PAGE : 952-608-0112
 klee@ima.umn.edu       www.ima.umn.edu/~klee