Re: MIPS PC - anyone?

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: Re: MIPS PC - anyone?
From: Caleb Shay <caleb@webninja.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 01:03:36 -0700
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
I actually have the Japanese model that works with the Linux release for the PS2. Unfortunately, I won't be in Japan again for another year and they won't ship overseas. If anyone knows of a way to get the PS2 Linux release in the US, please let me know.

Caleb Shay
caleb@webninja.com

Kevin D. Kissell wrote:

2.2 or 2.4, is the necessary configuration in fact generally
available?  Last I heard, which was some months ago,
it required a PS2 configuration that was only available
in Japan.

This is true. Well this month they made available another PS2 configuration in germany. Luckly the company I work for has people going
back and forth to Japan.