Re: test machines; illegal instructions

To: "H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org>
Subject: Re: test machines; illegal instructions
From: Jim Paris <jim@jtan.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 01:16:32 -0400
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
> > seen anything similar?  It's quite possibly a buggy cross compiler
>
> I won't recommend gcc 3.0.1 for mips. My RedHat 7.1 port has everyting
> you need for cross/native compiling.

Even with the glibc and fileutils binaries from your port, 'rm' still
either segfaults or gives an illegal instruction, so it's pretty
certain that this is a kernel or CPU issue somehow.  Have you seen
anything like this?  'rm' does work if I compile fileutils with -O0,
but there still seems to be a larger problem at hand.

-jim