Installation/booting of Mips Linux from local harddrive...

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: Installation/booting of Mips Linux from local harddrive...
From: Peter Andersson <peter@dark-past.mine.nu>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 17:00:50 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
I am running an sgi Indy with Irix 6.2 installed (hopefully not for long) and have been looking at linux for sgi for a while now. I even installed hardhat linux on it about a year and a half ago but had no experience of linux/unix what so ever at that time, so i gave it up due to the booting causing me some trouble. Anyway to get to the point, i thought that i read somewhere a while ago that you had managed to get linux to boot locally at the machines now and just thought that i would ask you if its true. If so where do i locate the kernel, you have quite a few on your ftp... Sorry about these stupid questions and keep up the good work!!!

Regards

Peter