Re: busybox does not like 2.4.8, or the other way around?

To: Marc Karasek <marc_karasek@ivivity.com>
Subject: Re: busybox does not like 2.4.8, or the other way around?
From: Karsten Merker <karsten@excalibur.cologne.de>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 18:47:10 +0200
Cc: Jun Sun <jsun@mvista.com>, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 11:53:39AM -0400, Marc Karasek wrote:

[busybox does not react to a keypress]
> Yes, there was a bug in busybox that caused this.  I helped track it down a
> few months ago and it should be fixed in the latest one.  I have attached an
> email about the bug.  What version(s) of busybox are you using?

busybox 0.60.1-2 (current version from Debian/Sid)

> > I'm using busybox as init/getty/shell.
> >
> > Everything works fine with 2.4.2.
> > With 2.4.3 console output is fine but not input.

Hm, this seems to be another problem - 2.4.3 and 2.4.5 work fine for me,
anything newer than 2.4.5 does not. I suppose we have a kernel problem
after 2.4.5 as kernels newer than 2.4.5 completely crash on a DECstation
sooner or later during bootup.

Greetings,
Karsten
--