busybox does not like 2.4.8, or the other way around?

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: busybox does not like 2.4.8, or the other way around?
From: Jun Sun <jsun@mvista.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 18:21:49 -0700
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
I have a small busybox userland that works fine with 2.4.2 kernel, but failed
with the latest 2.4.8 kernel.  The symptom is that it is stuck at the
following prompt:

================
Kernel command line: console=ttyS0,115200 ip=bootp
Freeing unused kernel memory: 4k freed
Algorithmics/MIPS FPU Emulator v1.4
serial console detected.  Disabling virtual terminals.
init started:  BusyBox v0.51 (2001.07.18-06:43+0000) multi-call binary

Please press Enter to activate this console.

A simple test shows the console is still working, i.e., pressing a key *does*
generate an interrupt and ISR *does* read the correct char value.

I really cannot think of anything else that might make busybox stuck here.
Any clue?  Anybody else is using busybox with more recent kernels?

Jun