Re: pcmcia (again)

To: Pete Popov <>
Subject: Re: pcmcia (again)
From: Jim Paris <>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 02:48:15 -0400
> > Am I misunderstanding something here?  Is there some simple way to get
> > the PCMCIA driver to use isa_slot_offset when checking and
> > requesting memory regions?  I tried adding that offset to the
> > check_mem_resource, request_mem_region, and release_mem_region calls,
> > and changing all of the readx/writex() calls to isa_readx/isa_writex(),
> > but things still don't work right.

The main problem was that I had subtly broken the ioremap function
while trying to update the linux-vr tree to 2.4.5ish.  Doh!

A second problem is that the pcmcia drivers needed to add
isa_slot_offset when calling {check,request,release}_mem_region
-- but the readx/writex calls do _not_ need this offset added.
(So this must be handled by the ioremap.  I still don't fully
understand when or where this remapping is done, but I know it's

And it works!

This means that I now have a working 2.4.5 kernel on my Mobilon Tripad
(aka Vadem Clio) with a functional compact flash and wireless ethernet
card.  I'm quite happy.  Now I just need to build some binaries.

Pete, thanks for your help; it pointed me in the right direction.