Re: openssh probs

To: Soeren Laursen <>
Subject: Re: openssh probs
From: George Gensure <>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 12:20:54 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: <>
Yeah, should've mentioned the version.  I'm already running 2.9p2.  The
ssh server I'm testing on, I KNOW works.  I connect to it from my i686 box
all the time.  I looked at the packet dump, and it doesn't look like the
MAC is getting sent correctly.  I wasn't able to find the string anywhere
in there (assuming it gets sent unencrypted, of course).

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Soeren Laursen wrote:

> > Has anyone had any success running openssh on an Indy r5000? Currently
> > running 2.4.8 #4, and the error I get when running ssh is "Disconnecting:
> > Corrupted MAC on input."
> Yep, upgraded to openssh 2.x and the vanished.
> I guess it was an implementation error because I got it as well on
> i386 running openssh 1.x.
> It depended on the client software as well. Other systems running
> openssh could connect. Client from could not
> connect.
> Best regards,
> Soeren,

George R. Gensure       Computer Science House Member       Sophomore, Rochester Institute of Technology
Computer Science Major