pcmcia (again)

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: pcmcia (again)
From: Jim Paris <jim@jtan.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 00:19:22 -0400
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
I've learned a bit since my question regarding PCMCIA, and haven't
gotten any answers, so here's a possibly-easier-to-answer version.

My architecture has ISA memory mapped at some high address (via
isa_slot_offset).  Turns out this isn't special; most non-x86 targets
with ISA do it (PPC, MIPS).  So, the problem seems to boil down to the
fact that the kernel's PCMCIA drivers simply don't support this (as
they assume that ISA space is absolutely addressable).

Is this true, and if so, how do you guys get PCMCIA working on MIPS?
Has anyone done it?

-jim