Re: How can I determine which files are used?

To: Gerald Champagne <gerald.champagne@esstech.com>
Subject: Re: How can I determine which files are used?
From: Keith Owens <kaos@melbourne.sgi.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 11:35:12 +1000
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Thu, 13 Sep 2001 16:43:19 -0500,
Gerald Champagne <gerald.champagne@esstech.com> wrote:
>Is there a recommended method of determining which files in the
>Linux source tree are used with a given .config file?

Not with the current kernel build system.  Kernel build 2.5[*] provides
the information you need but the existing system does not.

The best you can do with the current system is to make clean, make dep,
touch stamp, make bzImage modules.  Then find all files accessed after
make dep finished using find -type f -anewer stamp.

[*]http://sourceforge.net/projects/kbuild