> I'm trying to get Linux working on my handheld PC (the Sharp Tripad,
> very similar to the Vadem Clio), but I'm having userland problems.
> Some binaries compile and run fine, while others give a segfault right
Aha! I think I've finally found the problem, thanks to a lightbulb
that blinked on after reading Kjeld's mail about optimization
problems. I compile everything with -O3 (it's in my environment) and
that apparently resulted in broken binaries. I rebuilt binutils, gcc,
glibc, and all of my test binaries with -O1.. and everything appears
to work perfectly.
(after wrestling with this for weeks on end, I feel pretty stupid that
it turned out to be something so simple, but I'm also quite elated
that it works)
Next step: conquer the world! (or, at least, set up user-space stuff)