Re: setup_frame() failure

To: Carsten Langgaard <>
Subject: Re: setup_frame() failure
From: Ralf Baechle <>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 11:19:46 +0200
Cc: Atsushi Nemoto <>,
On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 09:28:02AM +0200, Carsten Langgaard wrote:

> I like the printout then getting a Reserved Instruction Exception, it
> indicates a problem and things are much easier to debug when getting
> such messages.  So it would be a pity, if we need to get rid of that.

A denial of service can be constructed from such printout, so this can't
stay in an release version.  Think of what

#include <signal.h>

static void si(void) { }

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
        signal(SIGILL, sh);

                asm volatile("mfc0 $0, $0");

would do if each exception would result in a line in syslog.