Re: setup_frame() failure

Subject: Re: setup_frame() failure
From: Atsushi Nemoto <>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 11:44:02 +0900 (JST)
>> I make a change for do_signal() to check failure of setup_frame()
>> and continue processing pending signals.  It seems work for me.
>> Here is the patch.  Any comments are welcome.

ralf> Nice test case.  Thanks. I decied for a differnet fix attached
ralf> below.

I think your fix is good for Coprocessor Unusable exception.  And same
fix required for Trap or Breakpoint exception.  (Am I right?)

But, does not a debugger confused by skipping the instruction which
cause Trap or Breakpoint exception?  (I do not know much about
communication between kernel and debugger...)

Atsushi Nemoto