Re: oops after rtc

To: Ralf Baechle <>
Subject: Re: oops after rtc
From: George Gensure <>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 20:56:22 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: <>
sorry, latest cvs off of oss + fast_sysmips + entry.S patches (entry.S is
supposed to fix some build segfaults)  indy r5000, and I haven't decoded
the oops message yet... (currently away from machine)

On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Ralf Baechle wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 08:15:24PM -0400, George Gensure wrote:
> > what could be causing a kernel oops after trying to initialize the sgi rtc
> > (may have nothing to do with the rtc, but the message comes right after
> > it).  The rtc is rather important to me (!rtc + Kerberos = bad).
> Kernel version?
> Decoded oops message?
> Machine type?
>   Ralf

George R. Gensure       Computer Science House Member       Sophomore, Rochester Institute of Technology
Computer Science Major