linux 2.4.8: The DECstation 5000/2x0 NVRAM module driver

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: linux 2.4.8: The DECstation 5000/2x0 NVRAM module driver
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 14:31:45 +0200 (MET DST)
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hi,

 I've prepared a syntactic update to the DECstation 5000/2x0 NVRAM module
driver for linux 2.4.8.  There are no functional changes at the moment.
The driver patch and supplementary changes are available at:
'ftp://ftp.ds2.pg.gda.pl/pub/macro/drivers/ms02-nv/'.

 I'm looking for a tester with a DECstation 5000/200 and a MS02 NVRAM
module.  I'm going to improve the module detection code in the next
version to make it less firmware-dependent.  This is needed to support
multiple modules as well as single modules in non-standard slots.  I need
to make sure I can rely on bus error exceptions just like in the /240.

  Maciej