Re: Re: kernel test & benchmark tools?

To: "" <>
Subject: Re: Re: kernel test & benchmark tools?
From: Fuxin Zhang <>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 10:29:5 +0800
  Yes,I have download many benchmark already.I am mainly curious about how
you kernel gurus test your developing kernel.For example,when you change a
substance part of el(mm/scheduler,etc),how can you be sure it is ok?
  Careful thought certainly helps a lot,but there are things too mysterious
for me to thought of:)

2001-09-04 03:18:00:
>On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 01:56:42AM +0800, Fuxin Zhang wrote:
>> hello,linux-mips
>>     I have barely finished porting 2.4 kernel to Algorithmics P6032
>> board.Now I want
>> to make it more stable and run faster,is there any well-known test or
>> benchmark tools used
>> by mips kernel group? There are too many benchmark around,I don't know which
>> is better suit
>> for kernel test. I heard that linus use lmbench?
>lmbench is just a microbenchmark which tests certain very specific aspects
>of the system call interface.  Application performance can be very different.
>I suggest to search google or a well sorted ftp server for benchmarks - there
>are many.
>  Ralf

            Fuxin Zhang