Re: segfaults with 2.4.8

To: linux-mips <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: segfaults with 2.4.8
From: Guido Guenther <guido.guenther@gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 10:01:56 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Sun, Sep 02, 2001 at 08:28:10PM +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 01, 2001 at 12:11:10PM -0400, George Gensure wrote:
> > I'm running an r5000 indy with the latest (as of 8/31/01) cvs kernel and
> > the fast-sysmips patch, and I'm having segfaults and strange errors in
> > building tools like gcc and in building X.  The sysmips is correcting
> > things like find, but I can't have these other errors (meant for lab
> > machines).  Any takers?
Which toolchain did you use?

> That is definitly a cache issue - The 2nd level Boardcache of
> the R5000 indy is still unfixed.
Not 100% sure about that. 2.4.5 handles this stuff fine while 2.4.8
segfaults(it might be that we just trigger this caching issues
occasionaly though). I will run this stuff on an R4k and see what
happens ... at least it's good to see that other people see this too - I
tended to blame it on my binutils experiments. Can you explain the
R5k Indys' caching issues?
 -- Guido