Re: serial console bug?

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: Re: serial console bug?
From: Tim Moss <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 19:24:14 -0700
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Bradley D. LaRonde wrote:
What if you just close minicom or pull the cable?

If I am connected to my Challenge S server via serial console using minicom from Linux and minicom dies (eg - the X server where minicom was running from crashes), the Challenge box resets. I haven't done really extensive testing but this error is definitely recreatable.

My current kernel is 2.4.5. I compiled it myself from CVS but I'm pretty sure this also happened with the precompiled 2.4.3 kernel from the oss ftp site.

Closing minicom properly or pulling the plug don't cause the reset problem.