serial console bug?

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: serial console bug?
From: Tim Moss <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 17:52:25 -0700
Cc: ralf@gnu.org
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
If I am connected to my Challenge S server via serial console using minicom from Linux and minicom dies (eg - the X server where minicom was running from crashes), the Challenge box resets. I haven't done really extensive testing but this error is definitely recreatable.

My current kernel is 2.4.5. I compiled it myself from CVS but I'm pretty sure this also happened with the precompiled 2.4.3 kernel from the oss ftp site.