serial console bug?

Subject: serial console bug?
From: Tim Moss <>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 17:52:25 -0700
If I am connected to my Challenge S server via serial console using minicom from Linux and minicom dies (eg - the X server where minicom was running from crashes), the Challenge box resets. I haven't done really extensive testing but this error is definitely recreatable.

My current kernel is 2.4.5. I compiled it myself from CVS but I'm pretty sure this also happened with the precompiled 2.4.3 kernel from the oss ftp site.