Re: Upgrade kernel from release 2.2 to 2.4.?

To: Jun Sun <jsun@mvista.com>
Subject: Re: Upgrade kernel from release 2.2 to 2.4.?
From: Hua Wen <wenh@taec.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 12:20:27 -0700
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Thank you very much, Jun.

One more thing -- we've made quite some changes in
2.2.1 so I wonder what would be the best way to
upgrade. I'm thinking:

1> check out new kernel, use "merge directories"
function from emacs, or

2> use "cvs import" to import the new kernel to
our local cvs repository, then merge with our
local changes by "cvs update/co -j"..

Any comments/suggestions?

Thanks!
-Hua