Re: Upgrade kernel from release 2.2 to 2.4.?

To: Jun Sun <>
Subject: Re: Upgrade kernel from release 2.2 to 2.4.?
From: Hua Wen <>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 12:20:27 -0700
Thank you very much, Jun.

One more thing -- we've made quite some changes in
2.2.1 so I wonder what would be the best way to
upgrade. I'm thinking:

1> check out new kernel, use "merge directories"
function from emacs, or

2> use "cvs import" to import the new kernel to
our local cvs repository, then merge with our
local changes by "cvs update/co -j"..

Any comments/suggestions?