Re: glibc

To: Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com>
Subject: Re: glibc
From: James Simmons <jsimmons@transvirtual.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 13:05:33 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>, Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>, Brian Murphy <brian.murphy@eicon.com>, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
> > The latest glibc 2.0.6 I was spreading only has MIPS-specific bug
> > fixes.  All the other big holes which are indeed big enough to drive
> > a nice shipload of trucks through are unfixed.  I haven't noticed
> > that any other glibc 2.0 variant floating around has additional
> > fixes.
> >
> > Nice for Cobalt boxen ...
>
> Debian is being ported to Cobalts.  A base tar ball can be found at
> http://www.pocketlinux.com/~samc/debian-cobalt

All the latest stuff there. I use it for my native build system. The
kernel is a 2.4.5 BTW if people are curious. I attempt a 2.4.6 kernel but
for some reason the cube doesn't like it. I believe I have a bug in the
old time code which is affected by the soft_pending change. I will attempt
to track it down some time next week.