2.4 on MIPS FTP site

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: 2.4 on MIPS FTP site
From: Dan Temple <dant@mips.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 08:45:24 +0200
Cc: Ilya Volynets <ilya@theilya.com>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Ilya Volynets writes:

> Do NOT go there. Do NOT look for development tools.
> Port 2.4.x
> I wonder when MIPS will remove that 2.2.12 kit from their site.....

as the one responsible for a (small) part of the MIPS website, I am wondering
if you are seeing the same as I am! If I go to the Linux page:

http://www.mips.com/devTools/devArea/Linux.html

..it mentions both 2.2.12 and 2.4 kernels, and the link to the FTP site leads

ftp://ftp.mips.com/pub/linux/mips/

..where you will find both the 2.2 and 2.4 kernels under the kernel/ directory,
complete with notes on how we recommend a userland upgrade. It is of course up
to the user to choose what they want to do, but from your mail it sounds like
you are seeing no 2.4 material on the site at all.

Ilya - If you are seeing somewhere else on the site where the 2.2.12 kernel is
hailed as the latest and greatest, please let me know and it will be severely
dealt with.

Dan Temple
MIPS Denmark