mips ide disk dma problem

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: mips ide disk dma problem
From: Barry Wu <wqb123@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 06:07:29 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hi, all,

I meet problems about mips ide disk. I find dma mode
is different from other platform. We have to use
dma_cache_wback_inv and vtonocache functions to work
under DMA mode, I read pcnet32 ethernet driver,
it works like that. I do not know if I have to support
ide disk dma, what I have to do?
I use Acerlab 1535D southbridge and M5229 IDE
controller. I patch 1535D driver to linux 2.2.12
kernel. Hard disk can work well using PIO mode.
But it is very slow on our mips evaluation board.
Therefore, if someone knows how and where to add
dma_cache_wback_inv, vtonocahce, something like these.
Please help me.

Thanks in advance!

Barry