Re: FW: indigo2 kernel build failures

To: "Salisbury, Roger" <Roger.Salisbury@team.telstra.com>
Subject: Re: FW: indigo2 kernel build failures
From: Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 22:02:10 -0700
Cc: "'linux-mips@oss.sgi.com'" <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 11:31:58AM +1000, Salisbury, Roger wrote:

> > I just wondering if  the UNKNOW  aspect "mips-unknown-linux-gnu" of
> > building packages has some detrimental affect
> > on the success of building a kernel.
> > IE
> > The machine status isn't detected properly.

Nope.  Even if it did the kernel wouldn't care.  Build gcc on a peecee
sometime and you'll see "i386-unknown-linux-gnu" and it will work as
well as gcc ever does.  Have some fun with it - maybe
"mips-fuckmeinthegoatass-linux-gnu" (STR) for your amusement or
"mips-notintel-linux-gnu" to make a statement.  It won't affect
anything.  Leave off the -gnu, though, and configure will kindly add
it back on, reminding you that it is, in fact, GNU/Linux, dammit.

--
Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org> http://foobazco.org/~wesolows
------(( Project Foobazco Coordinator and Network Administrator ))------