Re: Is it possible to boot linux on an O2 r5k ?

To: Mark Nellemann <mark@nellemann.nu>
Subject: Re: Is it possible to boot linux on an O2 r5k ?
From: Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 21:46:15 -0700
Cc: linux-mips mail list <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com

You were not lied to.  http://foobazco.org/~wesolows/o2.txt

> Yesterday I tried to fire up my O2. The whole bootp, tftp setup was working
> fine, but when I boot'ed the kernel (linux-2.4.3-ip22) the kernel said "Yee,
> could not determine architecture type <SGI-IP32>". Is this because i'm using
> wrong kernel or isn't it possible to boot the O2 yet ?

Certainly not with that kernel.  You need a modified kernel that
understands O2 (and a 64-bit kernel toolchain to build it).

--
Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org> http://foobazco.org/~wesolows
------(( Project Foobazco Coordinator and Network Administrator ))------